1. Advantages The main advantages of plastic intake manifold are lower cost and lighter quality. In addition, because PA has a lower thermal conductivity than aluminum, the fuel nozzle and the incoming air temperature are lower.
Not only can improve the thermal start performance, improve the power and torque of the engine, at the same time cold start can avoid the heat loss in the tube to a certain extent, speed up the increase of gas temperature, and the plastic intake manifold wall smooth, can reduce the air flow resistance, thus improving the performance of the engine.
Cost aspects, plastic intake manifold and aluminum intake manifold material fee is basically flat, plastic intake manifold molding, high pass rate, and aluminum intake manifold blank casting yield is low, machining costs are relatively high, so the production cost of plastic intake manifold can be reduced by 20%-35% compared to aluminum intake manifold.
2. Requirements for the plastic material of the engine intake manifold 1) high temperature resistance: plastic intake manifold and engine cylinder head directly connected, engine cylinder head temperature up to 130 ~150℃.
Therefore, plastic intake manifold materials are required to withstand a high temperature of 180 ℃.
2) High strength: Plastic manifold installed on the engine, to withstand the car engine vibration load, throttle and sensor inertial force load, intake pressure pulsating load, but also to ensure that the engine abnormal tempering is not by the high pressure pulsating pressure blasting.
3) Dimensional Stability: intake manifold and engine connection size tolerance requirements are very strict, manifold on the sensor, actuator and other installation should also be very accurate.
4) Chemical stability: Plastic intake manifold in direct contact with gasoline and antifreeze coolant, gasoline is a very strong solvent, coolant in the ethylene glycol will also have an impact on the performance of plastics, therefore, plastic intake manifold material chemical stability requirements are very high, need to undergo rigorous testing.
5) Thermal aging stability; Automotive engines operating at very harsh ambient temperatures, operating temperatures in 30~ 130 ℃ reciprocating changes, plastic materials must be able to ensure the long-term reliability of the manifold.